Student and Postdoctoral Awards
Numerous travel awards (for students and post-docs) and presentation awards (for students) are available. In addition to application materials described below for each award program, students must also submit standard abstract materials by 30 May 2014 on the meeting website to receive a place on the scientific program.
The application deadline for all student and postdoctoral travel and presentation awards is 30 May 2014. Late applications will not be accepted. Submit only ONE application, even if you are applying for multiple awards (e.g., both a travel and presentation award). Application materials must be submitted through the Ornithology Exchange at http://ornithologyexchange.org/meetings/aou-cos-sco-2014/awards.html.
. Please check the website for up-to-date information on the required application materials.
Eligibility and Requirements: Student Travel Awards
- Full time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible. Applicants (including post-docs) who graduated the semester/quarter prior to the meeting are still eligible.
- Students and post-docs must be members of either AOU, COS, or SCO to be eligible.
Eligibility and Requirements: Postdoctoral Travel Awards
- Post-docs must be members of AOU to be eligible.
- Individuals eligible for the post-doc travel awards generally would not meet the eligibility criteria for Student Travel Awards
Eligibility and Requirements: Student Presentation Awards
- Full-time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible. Applicants (including post-docs) who graduated in the semester/quarter prior to the meeting are still eligible.
- Students must be members of AOU, COS or SCO to be eligible.
- Presentation awards have a limit of one per lifetime per organization.
- Students presenting in symposia are eligible if their talks are 15 minutes long. Students presenting longer talks as part of symposia are not eligible.
Please direct any questions about student travel awards to Rolf Koford (email@example.com). Any questions about post-doc travel awards should be directed to Matt Carling (firstname.lastname@example.org). Any questions about student presentations awards can be directed to either Matt Carling (email@example.com) or Anna Chalfoun (firstname.lastname@example.org).